Manila International Airport Authority general manager Alfonso Cusi said on Monday he was sure movie couple Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie were never in the Philippines last week.
"I have checked with all our offices coordinating VIP arrivals as well as with the Bureau of Immigration. Sorry to disappoint the fans, but they did not come to the Philippines," Cusi told the INQUIRER over the phone.
Cusi said he personally checked with the Bureau of Immigration's central database and found out that the couple never arrived in the Philippines in any airport or seaport.
Citing an unnamed source, the London tabloid Daily Mail, reported on Sunday that Jolie arrived by private jet at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport last week.
She reportedly temporarily left the shooting of her new film "Salt" to go to Manila and was to return to New York Monday night. The paper also said that the couple, dubbed "Brangelina" by fans, have been planning to adopt a child from the Philippines after being refused in Burma (Myanmar) by authorities there.
Cusi said it was "impossible" for a high profile arrival like the Pitt-Jolie couple to go undetected. "It should have been coordinated with us because there are matters like security precautions, that have to be undertaken for such a visit," he explained. He said it would also be "difficult" for the couple to come to the Philippines under assumed names or even false passports as they should surely be recognized by immigration officers.